All Trackers can be exported into CSV spreadsheets. To download a spreadsheet of your collected tweet data, click on the “Export” button in the top right corner of your Tracker.
Clicking the “Create New Export” button will generate a spreadsheet for the date range you are currently viewing in your Tracker. You can isolate a specific date or range of dates, then click the export button to get a spreadsheet of data for that specific time frame. You will be asked to confirm the date range and terms exported before generating your spreadsheet.
You can select which set of Tracker data to export by checking or unchecking the summary, trends, tweets, and contributors checkboxes before clicking the create new export button. Once processed, your spreadsheet will be listed along with all other previous exports.
You can also export CSV files of all hashtags or URLS in a Tracker. Click the list icon next to the Top Hashtags or Top URLs section of your Tracker, then click the “export” button in the top right corner to get a spreadsheet of all URLs, including the number of tweets, retweets, impressions, and contributors which used each URL.
Summary: These are the top-level numbers you see at the top of your Tracker report.
- Reach: This is the reach calculated based on all tweets included in this spreadsheet. We have more information on how we calculate reach here.
- Exposure: This is the total number of impressions generated by tweets in this spreadsheet.
- Tweets: The number of tweets in this report.
- Contributors: The number of unique accounts which have contributed a tweet.
- Tweet_Type: This is a breakdown of the kind of tweets collected. Of the total number of tweets collected, the tweet_type counts indicate how many of these tweets are regular tweets (they were composed by the sender), replies, or retweets.
Trends: This section breaks down the summary analytics by day.
- Period: The specific day this row addresses.
- Reach: The reach calculation for just this day.
- Exposure: The total number of impressions for this day.
- Tweets: The number of tweets collected on this day.
- Contributors: The number of unique accounts which tweeted on this day.
Tweets: The rows in this section list each tweet collected by the Tracker and include the following data:
- Id: The identification number of this specific tweet.
- Screen_Name: The @account name of the account that sent the tweet.
- Text: The text of the tweet.
- Time: The timestamp of when this tweet was sent, in UTC.
- Type: This tweet can be a regular tweet, a retweet, or a reply.
- Retweeted_Id: If this tweet is a retweet the id number of the tweet that is retweeted is listed here.
- Retweeted_Screen_Name: if this tweet is a retweet, the @account name of the account that is retweeted will be listed here.
- Reply_To_Id: If this tweet is a reply, the id number of the tweet that is being replied to is listed here.
- Reply_To_Screen_Name: If this tweet is a reply, the account that is being replied to is listed here.
- Deliveries: This is the initial number of accounts to which a tweet is delivered. This is equivalent to the follower count of this account at the time of sending this tweet.
- Total_Impressions: The total number of impressions earned, including impressions from retweets and replies.
- Retweets: The number of retweets this tweet received.
- Retweet_Impressions: The number of impressions retweets of this tweet have generated.
- Replies: The number of replies this tweet received.
- Reply_Impressions: The number of impressions replies from this tweet have generated.
- Tweet_URL: A URL directly to this tweet.
- User_URL: A URL directly to the account which has sent this tweet.
Contributors: This section lists all accounts which have been collected by your hashtag as well as
- Screen_Name: The @username of the account.
- Tweets: The number of tweets collected from this account.
- Impressions: The total number of impressions counted from this accounts tweets.
- Retweets: The number of retweets of this account collected.
- RT_Rate: This is the number of retweets received per tweet sent. (retweets/tweets)
- Total_Exposure: The number of impressions a tweet earned including impressions from the original tweet, all replies, and all retweets.
- Amplification_Multiplier: How far that contributor's tweets spread due to the impressions generated by retweets and replies. This is defined as ((total exposure - impressions) / impressions) + 1
- User_URL: A URL directly to the @account.
Can I download a CSV of just a specific day or time frame?
Absolutely! Just pick the dates you want to isolate in your Tracker and then click the “export” button. This will allow you to print a CSV spreadsheet of just tweets from this time period.
I added up the total_impressions column and it is much higher than the reported exposure for the Tracker.
Make sure to use the deliveries column when summing impressions, and not the total_impressions column. The deliveries column tells us the number of impressions a tweet generated directly (i.e. this would be the follower count of the account tweeting) and the total_impressions column includes additional impressions that a tweet would have gained from retweets. Since this spreadsheet lists all tweets and also their retweets on individual lines, there is some duplication in the total_impressions column, as impressions for a retweet would appear on the row for the retweet itself, as well as in the total_impressions number for the original tweet that has been retweeted.
How do I get a CSV of one specific user’s tweets?
You can gather all tweets for an account, or any other search term from a Tracker using the Tracker's search bar. Enter the term you would like to search for, and the search results page will include an "Export" link which will allow you to generate a spreadsheet of all tweets that contain this term.
Can I get a CSV of all tweets for a specific search term?
Yes! Use your Tracker’s search box (located at the top of the tweets section) to search for any term. The search results page will have an “Export” button in the top right
Curious? See our sample CSV attached!