Our digest emails include a summary of your Union Metrics analytics from the past week, and are sent out every Monday morning.
Your email summary will include the same metrics you see in your dashboard, but calculated for the past week (Sunday - Saturday). The metrics are broken down by projects if you have them enabled, or for your full account if you don't. Read on for what's included, depending on what kind of Union Metrics access you have, and how you can update your email settings.
For most plans
If you're a social suite subscriber, your email digest will include a high-level view of the channels you're monitoring, which can include one or more of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Tumblr. Your view will depend a lot on whether or not you have enabled projects in your account.
If your suite has projects enabled, you'll see a section for each project you have access to. If your suite doesn't have projects enabled, you'll see information for your entire account presented in the aggregate. Either way, each project or your overall account is broken out into two sections: properties and topics (a property is any account, page or blog Tracker and a topic is any of hashtag or keyword Tracker). Each section is further broken out by channel (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr). You'll see only the channels you have Trackers set up for.
Properties (profile or account Trackers)
- Posts: The total number of posts or tweets your Trackers collected the past week
- Followers: The total number of fans or followers across all your Trackers
- Amplification engagement: The total number of retweets, reblogs or shares your Trackers have collected in the past week
- Acknowledgement engagement: The total number of replies, comments or likes across posts in your Trackers from the past week
Topics (keyword or hashtag Trackers)
- Posts: The total number of tweets your Trackers collected the past week
- Potential impressions: The number of unique potential (non-unique) impressions from last week
- Amplification engagement: The total number of retweets your Trackers have collected in the past week
- Acknowledgement engagement: The total number of replies or likes across posts in your Trackers from the past week
For legacy single-channel accounts
We'll show the top three Trackers for each type (account/blog or topic). Those are the top three Trackers by activity generated in the past week. If you have more than three Trackers per type, you can see the rest by clicking through to your account using the View Dashboard button. If you have fewer than three Trackers, then we'll show the ones you have.
The exact metrics you see will vary slightly depending on the channel you have access to.
- Tweets: The total number of tweets collected in this Tracker over the past week
- Contributors: The total number of unique people who tweeted about your account or topic in the past week
- Reach: The unique potential reach for all tweets in this Tracker from the past week
- Impressions: Total unique potential (non-unique) impressions for the past week
- Posts: The total number of posts this account shared in the past week
- Likes: The total number of likes this account received in the past week
- Followers: The number of followers this account has as of the end of the past week
- Comments: The total number of likes this account received in the past week
You can update your email preferences anytime in your Union Metrics user settings. Click the gear icon in the top right corner, then select You -> Settings. You can enable or disable the email digests here.
Emails will be sent Monday mornings in your local time zone. You will set that time zone the first time you enable projects. You can change your time zone any time in your user settings.