Our Tumblr topic analytics will allow you to measure the earned conversation around keywords, phrases, hashtags and/or source URLs. To begin tracking, go to your Tracker listing page - (the bar graph icon at the top of your account). Click the "Start tracking" button, which will give you a drop-down menu, where you can select Tumblr topic.
- Name: Create a name that is reflective of your campaign and that is something you can recognize if displayed in a list of other Trackers.
- Time zone: Pick what time zone you would like your data to be displayed in. Please note once you begin tracking this cannot be changed.
- Rules: In the rules section, you can enter up to 5 keywords, phrases, hashtags or source URLs. A query can include multiple words on one line, and the result will be posts that include both queries. Each separate box functions as an OR operator and will find posts that match the queries from one or more lines. You can learn more about writing queries here.
- Exclusions: Add any terms you want to exclude from this Tracker. This can be useful if you're searching for common keywords and want to exclude certain references.
- Create: Click the Next button to begin processing your data. Within an hour or two, you will get a preview showing 7 days worth of historical data. Overnight, it will populate your Tracker with 30 days of backfilled data and update with new data daily.